The emerging maps of the Australian Twittersphere which I presented at the Digital Humanities Australasia conference in Canberra in March have received quite a bit of press coverage over the past week or so, following our press release about this work. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Australian ran a big page three article about our research, and reprinted the annotated map itself;
- the Australian Financial Review also printed the map on page three;
- Stilgherrian gave us a great write-up in Crikey;
- news.com.au Websites and newspapers also ran a syndicated story about the map;
- industry sites B&T and Startupsmart pointed out the commercial uses of this enhanced understanding of the Australian Twittersphere;
- and even science site Phys.org covered our work.
I’ve also done about a dozen radio interviews about this research (which isn’t easy, considering how visual this work is); will post up some links to recordings if they become available.